Monday, January 26, 2009

Trinitarian Proof : Psalm 110:1

Inspired by the Holy Spirit, Psalm 110 (namely verses 1, 4-5) is a Trinitarian Psalm that begins with God the Father speaking to God the Son:

The LORD [God the Father] said to my Lord [God the Son],
“Sit in the place of honor at my right hand
until I humble your enemies,
making them a footstool under your feet.”

In short, Psalm 110 answers, by way of Trinitarian proof, “Whose Son is the Messiah?” Is He David’s Son or David’s Lord? Well, as we read in the NT (Matthew 22:41-46), Yeshua (Jesus), in response to the Pharisees’ claim that the messiah was the son of David, says that David, “speaking under the inspiration of the [Holy] Spirit” calls the Father and Son “my Lord.” [3-in-1 evident here in verse 1]. Quoting Psalm 110:1, Jesus asks how the messiah could be David’s son (Matthew 22:43-45) since David had said:
“The LORD said to my Lord,
Sit in the place of honor at my right hand
until I humble your enemies beneath your feet.”
Jesus then left the men speechless, and no one asked Him anymore questions, for they realized the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment